Thursday, February 11, 2010

To enter the contest join our Facebook Group!!




http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=259144206323


The first live pitching contest on Facebook! Pitch directly to studio executives, agents, producers and managers!

FACEBOOK is the venue. All you need to do is bring your best ideas and polished pitches — this is your chance to gain representation, sell your idea and make career-changing contacts!

HOW IT WORKS!
You submit a five-minute pitch using the Facebook Broadcasting Application VPYPE. Industry professionals will watch the submissions and carefully choose 100 Semi Finalists based on originality of idea, commercial viability, presentation and appeal! From the Top 100, our judges will chose TEN FINALISTS.

Those talented and lucky ten finalists will be posted on the Hollywood Pitch Contest Facebook Page and instructed on their designated time for the Hollywood Pitch Contest Live Video Broadcasting Event on May 1st 2010!

The top ten finalists will pitch live to our panel of A List industry professionals in the given five minute time allowance. Not only will the finalists have the opportunity to pitch their projects, but they’ll also receive valuable feedback from the judges! The judges will then review and decide on the winner, who will be announced on May 3rd 2010 at 6pm, Pacific Standard Time!

WAVER AND TERMS AGREEMENT - By submitting your pitch, you're agreeing to the following terms...

1. The material that I will pitch is mine, I have exclusive rights to the material, and the material is original to me.

2. I understand and agree that the burden of securing copyright or WGA registration for my screenplay or idea lies entirely with me.

3. I have read and understand the rules and intentions of the Hollywood Pitch Contest.

4. I agree to hold The Hollywood Pitch Contest, Vpype, all producers, managers, agents, production companies, and participants in The Hollywood Pitch Contest, their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, representatives, employees, and volunteers, harmless from and defend them against all claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorney's fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims or third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any screenplays, plots, characters, or ideas submitted during The Hollywood Pitch Contest or on any screenplay, film, or material developed out of those screenplays, plots, characters, or ideas.

5. I acknowledge that because of the Reviewers’ [those producers, agents. managers, production companies, et al hearing and reviewing pitches] position in the entertainment industry, the Reviewers receive numerous unsolicited submissions of ideas, treatments, stories, suggestions and the like, and that many such submissions received by the Reviewers may be similar to or identical to those developed by the Reviewers or the Reviewers’ employees or otherwise available to the Reviewers. I understand that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by the Reviewers of any such similar or identical material. I further understand that the Reviewers would refuse to accept or otherwise evaluate my material in the absence of my acceptance of each and all of the provisions of this Agreement. I shall retain all rights to submit this or similar Material to persons other than the Reviewers. I acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Reviewers and myself, and I further acknowledge that no such relationships are established between the Reviewers and myself by reason of this agreement.

6. I agree to defend, indemnify and hold The Hollywood Pitch Contest their officers, contractors, and employees, and the Reviewers harmless, with counsel of the Reviewers’ choice, from and against any and all claims, expenses, losses, or liabilities (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and punitive damages) that may be asserted against the Reviewers or incurred by the Reviewers at any time in connection with the Material, or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach or alleged breach of the warranties and promises given by me herein.

7. I agree that if, as a result of my involvement in The Hollywood Pitch Contest on Facebook, I am approached by a Reviewer interested in optioning or purchasing the film or television rights to the Material, I will negotiate with the Reviewer in good faith for the terms, conditions and amount of the payment for such use.

8. If the Material is submitted by more than one person, the word “I” or “Writer” shall be deemed changed to the plural, and this agreement will be binding jointly and severally upon all the persons so submitting the Material.

No comments:

Post a Comment